Tuesday, April 20, 2010

be a forward thinker

that's tip number #1 from The Bounce Back - and this is what it reads: 


Tip #1: be a forward thinker. 


Whenever you're tempted to dwell in the past, repeat this single word: forward. brainstorm one positive thought and action to use to keep you moving forward. when you're tempted to indulge in a negative, regressive behavior, swap it for one that will move you forward. 


- Karen Salmansohn


In other news - I got a really super sweet card in the mail from my mom today. I have to say that when the news broke about my new niece - and i lost my shit - the first thing i got was a picture from my mom on my phone, followed by a phone call, oohing and ahhing - and me hanging up on her - sobbing of course - my mom said in the card that she understood that my feelings were my feelings and they were ok to have those feelings - VALIDATION - thank you very much :) (again, amazing words mrs. darling) and she went on to say how i've always been there for her and that she doesn't understand what we are going through - but that's she's trying - and trying is all that i need. she asked if i wanted her to be around - HELLO - YOU ARE MY MOTHER - of course i did - and then she said that she didn't feel that way when i bit my upper lip and went to spend time at my brothers house - i told her that as my world was crashing - she was out celebrating - so yeah - i didn't really want to hear about it - she also explained to me that she was a little surprised that this one was so hard - because i've always been so brave. it's hard too because you're filled with jealousy when your friend have kids and you meet the baby - and the oohing and go go and ga ga's - but when it's your brothers kid - the 4th kid - a kid that you know no matter how hard you try not to - you're going to love - it's a little much. i was just beyond thrilled that she admitted that she doesn't know - but she's here for me - and that's all i really needed to hear. 


Completely changing subjects because it's way too good not to share (and it's very possible my adhd medication is wearing off :)) I was reading Real Simple - an awesome magazine for those of us that love to organize.... fold up your sheets, top sheet, fitted sheet and one pillow case - and then take the other pillow case and put all the sheets inside of it - VIOLA - you have an organzied linen closet with no guess work as to where that other sheet is that goes with it :)  


and last (yep - no more medicine) i better start blogging in the morning - i'm oh so happy that spring is here and summer is just around the corner - and as you can tell - i'm not the only one who can't wait to lay by a pool and take a little dip :) Happy Tuesday Peeps!







2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your Mom is trying. So happy to hear that. And I love Real Simple too. One of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got the much needed validation from your mother. She doesn't need to understand this, she just needs to be ther for you. Hang in there.....

    ReplyDelete