Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 5 - A picture of your favorite memory

"A" picture of my favorite memory would be impossible for me. Sure was my wedding a wonderful memory, yes, but all the days before, the moments after & the memories that will come - well, they make me who I am.

This picture is a tree at the end of my grandmothers driveway. In the field is the winter wheat my father planted. This picture makes my heart glow. My grandfather would come home from work or after he retired - we would sit outside on the east deck and enjoy fat freddies, icy cold coke, apple slices, & cheese before dinner. We'd play kings in the corner, enjoy each others company & the beauty of the country air.




Every summer my brother & his family come to stay at our house for a few days & we enjoy Bay Beach and just hanging out. I love when they come. My mom always joins us too. 7 extra people in the house makes for some unexpected laughs & wonderful memories. We decided on this night to have a parade & dance around the house - Adam came down dressed like this. The boys just about fell down dying of laughter.




Winters in Wisconsin are what you make of it. Last winter we got awesome packing snow and headed down to the woods for a day of snowman making. My sister in law was pregnant with my niece & we even made a pregnant snowman. What a great day.




Christmas. It's magical at my parents house. Enough said.




Me. My grandfather. The first love of my life. At the end of this month it will be 15 years since he died. I still can't believe it. Not a day goes by that I don't think of this man. He was kind. He was caring. He was humble. He was honest. He was giving. He was private. He worked hard. He was incredible. I will always love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment