Thursday, August 5, 2010

my mr.

this is my husband.



this is his first time holding our little niece. i love the look on his face. it also makes me a little sad. this is his first time holding her - it was just the three of us - he's been around her a bunch - i can't resist holding her - or another baby - no matter how much it hurts. in looking for our donor we spent a lot of time trying to find someone that was really really healthy. we found someone we really liked - he was allergic to nuts and bee stings - i have told some of our good friends, "if you fall in love with someone who is allergic to bees - that's your deal - if you can pick the dna - you should have the cream of the crop." adam has some health issues - nothing you can see on the outside. he has von willebrand disease. he's allergic to shellfish. friday he called me... coughing a little bit. driving in the car. reporting to me that he needed a walk in clinic. i met him at the er... because he looked like this....



the man i feel in love with. the man i will spend my life with.... is allergic to bees. in the 11 years that we've been together... neither one of us have been stung. he tried to play the cool man cool guy trick. he was going into anaphylactic shock. one iv, one breathing treatment & a few kisses from wifey later... my mr. was almost back to normal. i love him so much. for every flaw, medical condition and imperfection he has - i have twice as many. he's one amazing man... and another reason... why... i'm the lucky one.

3 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I am shocked that he let you take a pic of that. i get that reaction from fire ants, not very pretty. Your husband looks like a natural with the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he didn't let me :) I just did it :) he's got the same thing with fire ants. yuck~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in tears by the end of this post. so sweet.
    xo
    kk

    ReplyDelete