Monday, July 26, 2010

getting back to basics

i believe it's our generations responsibility to get back to basics. to teach our children that things will not bring us long standing happiness. i spent many years believe things would. getting back to the basics in my life has brought me great joy. i planted my first square foot garden this year. my mom got me the kit for my birthday, my brother picked the most beautiful soil for me, my husband put it together and together we planted some plants and some seeds and watched something beautiful in front of us grow & survive. my mom had a garden while i was growing up - my dad is a crop farmer - so watching plants grow and harvest has always been part of my life. adam has never been a part of it. he's like a kid in the candy store watching everything grow. today - i made my first ever pasta sauce. from scratch. with ingredients from our garden. the only thing i added that we didn't grow was olive oil and the garlic. can't wait to have it for dinner tomorrow night! i love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment