Thursday, June 10, 2010

open book

i've been a huge fan of being very open about our infertility struggles since day one. i was open about them when i was the one going to the doctor - the one getting the testing done - and even before adam went in for his first sa. if anyone knows me - they know that i believe that it takes a village - and not just for children - but for everyone - we're better people when we talk about the bad to let more good in. for all the times that people said the wrong thing - there are so many more times when people say the right thing. it's human nature for us to hear the bad way more than it is for us to hear the good. there's one thing that gets me every. single. time. when i hear from people that other people are talking about us and judging us on how they can't believe that we "talk about it" - seriously - we could climb in a hole - hide out and never show up for anything - or when you ask us how we're doing - we'll tell you - you ask me why we don't have kids - we'll tell you - you ask us what's wrong - we'll tell you - so dick heads - if you have a problem with us "talking about it" - go fuck yourself - and be so thankful that you're not in our shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly. I love that you are so open about your daily happenings & I just spent one morning with you! I am the same way, I have NO flippin' clue how people don't talk about things? I'd go crazy & would NOT be fun to be around! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete