Saturday, May 1, 2010

our back up plan

have any of you heard of the necklace game - to find out how many kids you are going to have? i had never heard of it before but last week at the neighborhood wine event - we met our neighbors - that live two doors down - heather is the neighborhood block captain - i get emails from her about once a week - adam looked at her - and they embraced in a hug - i'm not kidding - they grew up together boating - but she has a new last name now, two kids and he hadn't seen her in years - isn't that the sweetest thing? i love it when things like that happen... anyway - they have two kids, i asked her if they are planning on more - she said - we weren't - but the necklace says we'll have another one - i wanted to upload a video of me doing it - but it's not an option right now. grr. there are some video's on you tube on how to do it... at any rate - mine says two kids. first a girl and then a boy. when you do the same test on adam - nothing - it doesn't move. our friends last night... both of them - married to eachother - two kids - both boys - one of whom i watch at my house during the week - it's crazy accurate - crazy. 


here's our plan. we're going to do another two months of gluten free - and send adam back in to get tested to see if there are any improvements. most doctors say that seeing the gluten free results take 3-6 months. we're also waiting to hear back from the insurance company to see if we can go and see an acupunture genius :) if his test come back the same as what they have been - or - not to a point where IUI isn't an option for us - we're 98% sure - we're going to get a donor. 


i know that everyone reaches a different point in their infertility battles when they say that enough is enough. the bottom line for us is that we want to be parents. adam really wants to see me pregnant - three years ago - this was his idea. we've kept it on the back burner and i think it's just time to move it to the front burner and start making our tea. picking out a donor is wild you guys - it's really really wild. if any of you have been through it - have good advise - please send it my way - i'm all ears. 


feels good to have a plan. great to have a plan that we both like and the greatest to know that we continue to be on the same page and in this together. 





5 comments:

  1. rHey Girl ... I need to try the necklace thing. You could always upload your video to you tube and then link it to blogger. That is what i have had to do if the video is too long for blogger. anyway, sounds like a wonderful plan. I wanted to tell you did you know grassroots has cooking classes for gluten free ? Anyway I also wanted to share with you. I have a single friend that used a donor if you want to talk to her and meet her son. She would be more than happy to talk to you i am sure. She lives in town. Just let me know. thinking and praying for you guys. xoxoxo (((HUGS))) I am always here if you need me . couft

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this will help you with the video problem, but when you are signed into blogger and at the page with the 'posts' 'settings' 'layout' 'monetize' tabs, click the settings tab. Scroll down to the bottom and select 'old editor' and click 'save setting.' Then click on the 'posts' tab and there should be an option to upload video on the editor toolbar. When you've published your post, you may want to switch back to the 'new editor.' It's less glitchy. I hope that helps and wasn't too confusing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very interesting about the necklace. Can't say I've ever heard about it.

    As far as donors, check out Single Infertile Female (http://singleinfertilefemale.blogspot.com/). She's donated eggs before she was diagnosed with VERY aggressive endo and because of how aggressive it is, she is now searching for donor sperm so she can do IVF in July. She's got an interesting story to tell and she might have some advice for you for your donor search. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so curious about the necklace video. I'd like to check it out. I, more than once, have had a psychic tell me how many kids I'd have - I always forgot to ask WHEN...very important to not leave out the details of our dream. You sound like you are doing well and I think it's good to have a few things going on while you await the test results. I don't have experience with donors, but I can't wait to read about your process. Thinking about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not find the necklace video on you tube

    ReplyDelete