Friday, May 7, 2010

running update

So I read all the reviews about how it's REALLY important to start off really slow in your Vibram Five Fingers (barefoot running)... and as per my previous post about it - I didn't exactly do that - I have very few regrets in life - this my friends - is one of them. ouch, ouch, ouch - It's fixable, preventable, and I'll keep trucking along with barefoot running as soon as this half next weekend is over - I guess what I did is there are ligaments on the top of your foot that don't get used at all from wearing traditional shoes - and i overworked mine quite a bit - and my poor little feet hurt to walk on - so I've been doing a ton of stretching, exercising and icing in hopes that they just feel good enough for a few more short runs and then the half next Sunday. After the half, I'm really going to focus on running form and making the gradual transition to my VFF's.

I have been super busy lately, which is great and I'm excited that my photography is starting to take off. I don't do well with compliments - and I've had issues in my life not feeling "good enough" (took thousands of therapy dollars to figure out the root and those are the two magic words), with lots and lots of practice, mistakes and redo's - I've been really happy with my last few shoots and I hope that it just continues to get better and better.... here's little baby Griffin - the best little baby I have ever taken pictures of - he was amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Jen! That picture is RIDICULOUSLY amazing!!! What a stinkin' cute little bub :) And beautiful work.

    Sorry the feet are sore :( I hope they're feeling better for your half!!

    ReplyDelete