Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday



I try to be thankful for things everyday - I think it's important to live the best life possible. We've had a crazy week here - my pictures weren't uploading right (not good when thinking about opening a photography business), or FREAKIN' treadmill isn't working right - don't even get me started about that - and my computer has to go to the doctor - what am I going to do without my mac for five whole days - THANK GOD I have my iPhone now - you see it always works out.

Here are the things that I'm so thankful for right now:

1. NAPS - I love little B man - with my whole heart - but I love (aka want to take him to Mexico - for good) love him - when he naps. Poor little guy has been dealing with teeth, constipation, a cold and being almost six months old and wanting to do more and more and not knowing how to tell me. When he was sick - one day he didn't nap at all - his momma said it was like that during the weekend too - not only does it make for a long day for me - but it makes for a really long day for him - besides I don't get to get picture like these. (disclaimer - he usually doesn't sleep with a bib on at my house and the blanket is tucked - however - he's teething - everything goes in the mouth - including the pillow case that he HAS to sleep with at my house since day one - so I gave him the blanket instead - and yes - his mom has already seen this picture - and yes - she thinks he's going to be a blankie kid).. i just love that he loves to cuddle after naps - how cute is he!






2. This new year - I gave myself a resolution - I usually do - and usually I don't tell anyone - I like to believe that that blogger world - is telling no one. So this year - it was to wash my face every night.... I've done it! I also have been suffering from acne since I've been about 20 years old - WTF - that's what that gets - I have tried EVERYTHING - let's start with proactive - made my face freak out, then I moved on to some Murad stuff, from there.... I filled my house with every promise Sephora could give to me... I'm not kidding you... then I went to the Doctor - did Retin A and every other cream you could use - I even had three chemical peels - my face was covered in it - and it was getting worse - then I googled (I heart google so much) "home acne remedies".... guess what came up - Head and Shoulders - crazy hey? I thought - give it a try - Adam uses it - so guess what.... it's working.... not kidding. I would say my face is 90% better!! I have a few surgeries I'd love to perform (you acne suffers understand that term) and then I need to work on evening out my skin tone.... then... I hope to be a happy camper - finally - after way too many years... and here's the science behind Head & Shoulders - it contains 1% Zinc - most people who have acne also have a zinc deficiency - I know this because I took an oral medication with zinc in it that helped - but also cost 220.00 a month - lovely.... so without further ado- thank you Head & Shoulders Refresh! I'm so thankful for you!! Honestly - tell everyone - if anything they will be out $4.94 - not the thousands that I am.


3. last but not least - my family - what a great amazing family it is - i'm so happy to have such great parents - this weekend we built 12 snowmen - with my nephews. The plan was to go cross country skiing on my families property - we did that - then my nephew Cael took off his skies and was playing in the snow and I thought - SNOWMAN - it turned into - the whole family - and a day that we'll all remember :)


What are you thankful for? xo





No comments:

Post a Comment