Sunday, September 12, 2010

running

half marathon #5. done. personal record. check. no blood. check. back to my normal running schedule. check. ready for #6. check. 30 pound weight loss. check. bragging. check. gluten free has far exceeded any expectations i had. my body has not been in this good of shape since i was 17. i haven't felt this good in a long time.


i ran the half with my friend carri & the hubby. well - adam ran ahead of us - and carri ran with me until mile 9. we ran chicago together. i don't run well with others. ask adam - i usually end up walking - feeling defeated - but carri & i run like pb & j. i felt good the whole run. i got emotional at the end. teared up when i crossed the finish line - and even gave a little jersey shore fist pump. i'm not exactly sure where that emotion came from - but for the first time - i was really proud. i worked my ass off. bring it on.

3 comments: