Wednesday, September 15, 2010

routine

i eat the same thing. all the time. 31 days in a month - i eat the same exact thing for breakfast for 30 of those days. one piece of toast, one egg and 1/2 slice of cheese. i know what i like. i know what i don't like. drives me nuts when i try something new (that's the real issue) and i don't like it. i can't help but think - what a waste of money, i'm still hungry & what a waste of time. i've been in a bit of a rut - eating gluten free can have very minimal challenges when you are eating from home - however eating out - can be a big pain in the butt - therefore - we rarely go out to eat - it's just easier - but my rut comes into play because i'm sick of making the same food all the time... so i tried something new! AND - it was terrible! I ended up having tator tots and a cookie for dinner - guess i can't complain too much. anyone have any dinner ideas they love?

3 comments:

  1. i eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every single day, also! and like you, i also get sick of cooking the same things all the time. we rarely eat out...mainly because we are saving money, and most of the food served makes me sick. anyways, i recently pulled out my crock pot and have been cooking a LOT with it lately. if you want me to pass along any of the recipes just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mexican monday or taco tuesday. we do it here, and it makes that one day a little easier. you can pretty much make anything mexican with a little taco bell, taco seasoning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thai Curries! Easy to modify for gluten free and so delicious! I don't know if you have access to an Asian grocery store in your neck of the woods, but the recipes are so good when you make them from scratch instead of using curry paste. I can send you my recipe if you so desire!

    Also, this lovely lady is a gf girl AND married to a chef, so she's got some fabulous recipes on her blog (I don't know if you follow her already, so here's the link...)

    http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete